Sunday 12 August 2007

The importance of a well groomed eyebrow

Well groomed eyebrows can transform a face. They are the frame of our eyes, consequently, they have the power to change the look. Thanks in part to Carine Roitfeld, thick eyebrows are IN. The rule: keep the brow shape as natural as possible.

If you've never groomed your brows before, I recommend you to go to a professional threader. But if you don't have the time, or you would like to know how a well groomed eyebrow should look like, I'll give you some tips.

First of all, you have to remove the hair in the space between the eyebrows and under the arch. Then, if your eyebrow hair is too long you have to cut it. But be careful! Brush the hair upwards and cut the end.

Finally you have to do the shape. It's easy if you have a pencil, slanted tweezers and you follow the next steps.
Hold the pencil and place it at the corner of your nose. The point where the pencil meets the hair is where the eyebrow should start. After that, angle the pencil up across the iris and you have the arch. To find the end, angle the pencil a little bit more lining it up with the centre of your lower lip and the corner of your eye.

Tip: tweeze your eyebrows after a hot shower.

Song: Hairdresser on fire - Morrissey

9 comments:

Kat said...

Great tips. It is so important to have well groomed brows. I think too bushy eyebrows are better then over plucked brows though - eeew!

Teresa said...

Thank god thick eyebrows are in. I never saw the appeal of overly tweezed eyebrows; it seems a bit Walmart-y to me, very cheap looking.
I could have used your tweezing tips in 6th grade. Never give tweezers to an inexperienced, prepubescent minor. It only leads to lopsided eyebrow syndrome.

molly said...

thanks for the tips
my eyebrows are a MESS

Ella Gregory said...

luckily i was born with well shaped eye brows
so i have always tried to never over pluck
i hate when peoples eyebrows look drawn on

Diana Coronado said...

Great guide hehehe.
I agree with coco about the girls with hiper drawneyebrows

lynda said...

I can take the photographs of below with the shoes for my blog please.

María said...

^Yes, you can.

lynda said...

ok thanx my blog
is:http://modeandco.hautetfort.com/

Nicole Then said...

I totally agree, I'm going to get my eyebrows threaded today. I can't stand it anymore!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...