Wednesday 25 February 2009

Girls with Allure: Ashleigh

I would like to continue showing you my love for the always stylish Austrialians featuring Ashleigh in Girls with Allure.

ashleigh

Define your style. Part girl and part modern grunge. I definitely get a lot of inspiration from current trends and look books but I also revisit my older pieces to revamp them and I’m definitely an op shop girl.

You'd never be caught in... clothes with labels plastered across them. I just can’t do it.

What would you wear to a big night out? Something black for sure, it’s always the safe option. My last big night was in Brunswick and I wore an American Apparel U-Neck dress and my customized Rubi stud boots. So always something along those lines, it’s still quite grungy and definitely not too girly but a bit neater.

You can't live without... culture. Melbourne has so much of it and I am learning so much about the world through this beautiful city. So really, I probably couldn’t live without Melbourne.

ashleigh

What can we find in your bag right now? I have been changing bags a lot but lately I’m holding onto this hippy type sling sack bag and you’d definitely find my planner, Lucas’ Papaw Ointment (this stuff can be used for anything!), my iPod, my camera, my semi-wallet (I’m too lazy to go and buy myself a new real wallet so instead I just used a coin pouch), a magazine (currently Yen) and lots of bobby pins, rings, necklaces and bracelets.

Your passion is... fashion, writing, food and wine and music.

Which is, in your opinion, the best piece of clothing ever designed? The classic tuxedo suit created by YSL in 1966. This kick started the whole masculine-feminine look that has lead the way to not only my wardrobe choices but a whole new view on women’s fashion. It’s as much as what the piece says to the world as it is what it looks like.

Who are your favorite designers? Claude Maus, Zambesi, Chloe, Ellery, Alexander Wang, Proenza Schouler.

A book, a film and a song. To Kill a Mockingbird, Blow and I Will Possess Your Heart (Death Cab for Cutie)

What are your wardrobe staples? A white tshirt and a great pair of flats such as my oxfords.

ashleigh

A fetish leather, gosh I am so in love with all things leather, oh and studs, so studs too.

What kind of things inspire you while getting dressed? I have a separate rack in my room which holds all my clothes which are currently begging to be worn. But before that, the rack is built up from magazines, music, art and my city itself.

Name three of your favourite beauty products. Aesop Rejuvinate Body Balm, Napoleon Pro Palette Concealer and Lucas’ Papaw Ointment.

What does style means to you? Style to me is another form of self expression it’s like art or music. It’s an outlet that helps us to channel all of our inspirations and current philosophies into one ensemble. It is fun and it is beautiful.

11 comments:

LOVE AESTHETICS said...

great style! ovelove that first picture with the high bun and long dress

Anonymous said...

hello! i followed the link from ashleigh's blog to here, and i just wanted to say i love your blog. it's so beautiful and the content of your posts is so interesting and varied. i'll be visiting often from now on

grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

As always, awesome post. I love this interview! Ashleigh's super, super cool, and I'm glad you had the chance to talk with her.

And awesome header by Badaud.. one of my fave typepad blogs!

Gisele said...

Great post, I´m gonna check out Ashleighs blog later.

Mónica said...

I haven't seen her blog before! thanks for sharing, the girl looks very stylish, your have a great eye;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures ! It's the first time i've seen your blog, i'll come back ;)

Kimberley Brandsma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

she seems intelligent and thoughtful! i love her style too.

La Chauve-Souris said...

wow esta enamorado de este "bras"... donde vives? en BCN? me gusta mucho tus articulos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...