Wednesday 3 October 2007

Si Cristóbal levantase la cabeza...

I know I said I wasn't going to do any runway review. But I can't resist, I must tell somebody how upset I feel about the Balenciaga collection. First of all Ghesquière said: "I'm exploring new territory, within the references of the house", are you kidding me? He did the tulip thing in the 2006 winter collection, the futuristic touches were done too, and the shoes remind so much of the ones in the previous collection.

But overall I don't like this collection because it doesn't respect Balenciaga's legacy. The broad shoulders so typical of the 80's, the Chinese prints, the Gothic armour-like silhouettes...When did Cristóbal do all this? Correct if I'm wrong, because I obviously don't have the whole archive in front of me, but I really can't remember anything similar.


Song: Megalomaniac - Incubus

5 comments:

Bojana said...

I agree with you. This collection does seem repetitive

Anonymous said...

Squeak, squeak, squeak.
People can hear you walking when you wear a suit of armor. :)

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I heard they were inspired by cars.
yes the collection was too repetitive though I loved it's originality.

Anonymous said...

I didn't like it either, but I read some reviews sayings it was great and then I thought maybe it was only me... Now I can somebody else thinks the same :) Thanx!

Bobble Bee said...

Really??
Girls I love this collection.
If Guesquire would "respect Balenciaga legacy" he would be doing as Valentino, who's being doing the same things for 40 years. Guesquiere is doing amazing things with the Spanish house and I'm very happy of all the risks he's taking :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...