Sunday 14 October 2007

Girls with Allure : Alix, the cherry blossom girl.

As you read this, a new section called, Girls with Allure, is making its debut. From time to time, I will post an interview with a gal talking about her style.

It doesn't occur to me anybody better to start it with than Alix, aka the cherry blossom girl.She has just left the design school and although she lives in Paris, she claims the city doesn't really influences her style. People at the city of light are classic, and narrow-minded concerning trends. However, several internships at Chloé and Alexander McQueen might have influenced the way she dresses.

She defines her style as romantic, but not "too girly". She likes vintage clothing "such as old laces, retro prints or granny knitted jumpers, navy costumes, or 70's trousers and blouses mixed with brands like zara or h&m" and some designer pieces. But she always takes her time to find a good piece always following her heart.

She likes young, fresh and pure girls like those featured in David Hamilton's photography or Sofia Coppola's films. It comes to no surprise her love for baby doll dresses, light and floaty fabrics, and floral prints. Alix, doesn't fancy colourful clothing, and adds lots of accessories to give her outfits a twist: "I use scarves, brooches, long necklaces, vintage bags, and I'm fond of tights which are really practical when somebody is wearing so much skirts and dresses as me!"


What's in your bag? "some magazines of the moment such as Jalouse and the Lula issue number 5, my I-pod, cell phone, a small sketchbook, color pens (I like to make drawing anywhere), lip balm, red lipstick I use for lips and cheeks, vintage wallet, a small umbrella, Paris map (I'm an ignorant citizen), a little candy box , keys, and boyfriend pictures (haha what a sentimental). "

You smell to... "At the moment it's "daisy" by Marc Jacobs, I also like "premier jour" by Nina Ricci and "éclat d'arpège" by Lanvin "


A book, a film, and a song: "my favorite book is "l'écume des jours" by Boris Vian, my favorite film is "the virgin suicides" by Sofia Coppola, and my favorite song is "cherry blossom girl" by Air"

Do you have a fetish? "not at all, but I must admit I'm a bit attracted to shoes."

What is, in your opinion, the best garment ever designed? "the dress! easy and always feminine."

Which beauty product you can't live without? "I'm not using makeup so much, but sometimes my skin turns a little bit red, especially during winter, that's why I'm really keen on the Chanel double perfection fluid foundation, it's so light and soft! I also use many different day and night face creams, the ones from the brand "doux me" are the best on my sense.

Who are your favourite designers? "Sofia Kokosalaki, Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy, Nicolas Guesquière for Balenciaga, Consuela Castiglioni for Marni, and Stella McCartney. I was a huge fan of Phoebe Philo for Chloé. I'm also fond of the line unique for Topshop."

Do you have a style icon? Who is she/he? "not really, but sometimes I'm a bit inspired by Kirsten Dunst outfits. I've been inspired a lot by movies characters, the very first one being Mathilda (Natalie Portman) in "Leon", and then of course the Lisbon sisters."

What does elegance mean to you? "stay natural...and smile! the clothes make part of the job but not everything!"

Song: Cherry Blossom Girl - Air

14 comments:

Kat said...

I few weeks ago i stumbled across her blog my accident and was totally awe inspired by her style. It's fabulous and I do think it's very french and defintely romantic.
Great interview:-)

hannah said...

i love her leather jacket in the second picture. its marvelous.

mahret said...

wow that's so nice. can't wait to read more. I love alix aswell. One of my favourite blogs ♥

Anonymous said...

I love cbg. this is such a great idea.

discotheque confusion said...

A style icon in the making! Damn this girl has a good eye!

Virgin Suicides is one of the best films ever.

Internships at Chloe and McQueen?! Lifestyle envy!

Well done, Allure for getting an inetrview with someone who is actually interesting there are lots hovering around blogspot at the moment that are rather blahhh.

S xx

cotton candy said...

an absolutely fab post!! and internships at choloe and macqueen?? oh...how i want!

Mónica said...

The interview is interesting, and it was such a great idea your new section! congratulations

Bojana said...

Ooh! Love her style! Great outfits

Bojana said...

Can you please post a link to her blog??

María said...

Actually, there's a link on the post. Anyway, here it is:

http://blossomgirl.canalblog.com/

Blue Floppy Hat said...

That was a great interview! I do wish I went to design school, though I doubt it'd give me style half as cool as hers

Héloïse J. said...

she's (life)-stylish indeed. alix was the best start for this new section of yours :) cool cool interview allure! a+

Victor Castro said...

thia is why i keep comming back to your blog!!!! and of course, the music!!!

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

those pants rock!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...