Saturday 26 May 2007

Liberty

I am a fan of Liberty prints. I love them to death, and I am always looking for new pieces. Flowery dresses are a great investment for spring and summer and they never go out of fashion.

Arthur Lasenby Liberty made popular the Tana Lawn fabric during the 1920s. The good quality fabrics made of cotton soon became famous, and lots of designers have been using Liberty prints since then.


Pre-Raphaelite influence on Liberty of London.

John Millais - Ophelia, 1850. This image comes to mind when I think of Virginia Woolf's suicide.

Waterhouse-My sweet rose

Waterhouse-Ophelia (by the pond),1894

Waterhouse- The lady of Shalott

I was shocked when I saw some of this pictures at the Tate Gallery. I had seen pics of them before, but seeing them in real life was an incredible experience.

Jean Bousque created Cacharel at the end of 1960s and rediscovered Liberty, inspired by the old-fashioned elegance of croquet games and English garden. A book about the collaboration of Cacharel with Liberty of London was recently published.

11 comments:

- said...

jajaja,...
yo estudio algo parecido a LADE...
pero creo que, por el comentario, económicas no es lo tuyo.
hablas muy bien inglés pensé que estudiarias filología o algo así...

Susana Rodrigues said...

Hola soy susana (Portuguesa).
Vi tu comentario en el blog de lluviaschick y después yo fué a ver el tuyo. Está muy bueno. Vi tuyo profile y tenemos gustos muy parecidos en música.
(Sorry about my spanish, its bad)
x0x0
Su

christina said...

I love Liberty prints...
Also all those paintings are fabolous. I love the Pre-Raphaelites.
Do you have that book by any chance? Because I'm wondering if it's worth having.
And I know what you mean by seeing paintings in real life, it doesn't matter how many times you may have seen pics of them on the Internet before, seeing special paintings in real-life is absolutely breathtaking.

- said...

no estoy de erasmus, vivo aqui desde hace seis años, desde los 14 (he vivido en varios sitios)... y el año que viene me voy a Paris.

yo justamente estoy estudiando LADE y voy a hacer un master en negocios para moda (hay becas que estçan bastante bien para trabajar en Versace o en Ammerican Apparel. no pagan mucho pero aprendes y si es lo que te gusta...

hace un par de semanas estuve en España.

Asta Hiippala said...

Such beautiful pictures.

- said...

I add you (no se decir eso en español, sorry!!!!), a mi profile... y te mande un mensage

Ella Gregory said...

this post was so beautiful
i adore your blog
you always have something interesting up

Mash said...

i love liberty prints too , people thinks it's unfashionable but they're wrong ! The pre-Raphaelite paints are beautiful and very inspiring .

F.M. said...

what a great post - you make all the right connections!

Bobble Bee said...

i love liberty prints too. really like them

Diana Coronado said...

I'm studyin' industrial design.
But i like all this kind of design.
I hope my blog like u, and u could sign some opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...