Friday 20 April 2007

Is nude the new black?

In my opinion Isabel Marant is one of the most talented young designers out there. Some, may say she works for a "mass market", but I think her designs are effortlessly cool.

I was astonished by the beauty of this 20's inspired dress. I love the silkiness feel, and the black tie belt complement the dress so well.
What do you think about the colour? I like it, however is nude really a big trend? the new basic? I hardly see it on the streets.

Look at the stitch detail around the neck; so pretty!
Credit to: http://www.creaturesofcomfort.us/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nude is a mixture between pastell pink and beige - both colors I really despise. However, if it is silk or chiffon or some other light material I think the color works pretty fine leaving a fresh air of romantic and lovely blossoms.

Alison said...

I haven't really thought of nude as the new black but i definitely see its potential. The only thing is, how do you pull off nude without looking like you're not wearing anything?

Madelene said...

To be honest, I haven't noticed nude at all. Though It can be quite a lovely colour. I basically love anything that Marant does. Is it even possible to not look good in her clothes? I am always striving for that air of bohemia...

Mash said...

Me neither I haver never see people wearing "nude color" in the streets . It's strange that on the second picture it's look like a pastell pink and on the first not at all . I really love it <3

Anonymous said...

Love the dress. I think it can really work as a neutral. I haven't seen it tons when I'm out and about but it's a trend I wouldn't get sick of.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...