Friday 28 August 2009

Breton t-shirts

Lark_SaintJamesMeridien2

Gradually, striped sailor shirts have become a staple in my closet. So much that they are uniform that somehow defines me. When in hurry I always choose to wear my trusty blue and white striped t-shirt and it never fails, I feel very comfortable with it.

Poco a poco las camisetas de rayas marineras se han ido convertiendo en un básico en mi armario. Hasta tal punto es así que se han convertido en una especie de uniforme que de alguna forma me define. Cuando tengo prisa y no sé que ponerme opto por mi fiel camiseta de rayas azules y blancas y nunca falla, siempre me siento muy a gusto con ella.

Lark_SaintJamesMeridien


Truth is that is difficult for me to find Breton shirts that I like. Many will think: what a nonsense! they sell tons in any Zara. And you're right, but they are either of poor quality or the design doesn't convince me.

Pero lo cierto es que me resulta muy difícil encontrar camisetas marineras que me gusten. Muchos pensareis: ¡menuda tontería! las hay en cualquier Zara. Y no os falta razón, sin embargo o bien son de mala calidad o el diseño no se me acaba de convencer.

Lark_SaintJamesMeridien3

So when I came across Lark, I knew my prayers have been heard. I love the design: they are loose and there are several types depending on the type of neck and sleeves. They also come in six different colors. And the quality seems to be excellent which is partly confirmed by the tag: 100% carded jersey. Heavyweight. Made in France. What else could you ask for?

Así que cuando di con Lark mis plegarias parecían haber sido escuchadas. El diseño me encanta: son holgadas y hay varios tipos dependendiendo del tipo de cuello y mangas. Además vienen en seis colores distintos, y la calidad parece excelente. La descripción lo confirma: 100% carded jersey. Algodón pesado. Hecho en Francia. ¿Qué más se puede pedir?

7 comments:

Tamara said...

Te prometo que yo tampoco he encontrado ninguna en Zara ni H&M que me convenciera y he estado todo el verano con la idea de la camiseta de rayas en la cabeza! Así que me voy a cotillear éstas ya!

Besos y buen fin de semana :)

Sally said...

The last few times I've been to Brittany I've always picked up a few of these at street markets. They're one of my absolute fashion staples -- actually I'm wearing one right now. Like you said, though, they're often not great quality. This is more of a light cottony thing than a proper heavyweight affair; the ones you posted look lovely.

Michelle said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean, I love breton shirts, but for some reason the high street always manage to churn out hideous ones. I'm having a browse on the website right now!

zit... said...

yo tambien soy adicta a las camisetas de rayas!! mis amigos dicen que soy monotematica, pero es que es LA PRENDA.
yo tengo una de h&m que me encanta, pero en general es muy dificil encontrar una realmente bonita.
me gusta mucho tu blog, yo acabo de empezar ;D

Anonymous said...

Merci pour tes visites sur http://femmes-en-1900.over-blog.com/
Je t' invite à découvrir http://chapeaux-de-femmes.over-blog.com
A bientôt et bonne balade dans l'univers de la mode féminine 1900

littlemolly said...

I'm obbbbsssseeesssed with breton t-shirts. Stripes rule.
Thanks for your comment lovely.
love. love

http://daddydaddypony.blogspot.com

Liberty London Girl said...

You are so right. With the most simple pieces, they must be perfect. LLGxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...