Monday 27 October 2008

Girls with Allure: the search for chic

I discovered the-search-for-chic just a couple of weeks ago, but it was love at first sight. I spent a good time looking at her archive and I instantly realised two things: we share an obsession for black clothes, and if I could I would raid her closet.

Descubrí the search for chic solo hace un par de semanas pero fue amor a primera vista. Me pasé un buen rato buceando en su archivo y de inmediato me di cuenta de dos cosas: compartimos una obsesión por la ropa negra, y si pudiese asaltaría su armario.

Define your style. I don't like to put my style in a box, but if I were to I would say classic minimalism with an edge.

Define tu estilo. No me gusta encasillar mi estilo pero si tuviese que hacerlo diría que es minimalista con toques vanguardistas.

girlswithallure


You'd never be caught in... Clothing that is sexy in an obvious/tacky way.

Nunca te pillaríamos con...Ropa sexy en un sentido obvio/hortera.

What would you wear to a big night out? My Pierre Hardy black patent/wood heels and a black silk dress which I love from Topshop Boutique, the edges are left raw and have frayed..it's really fantastic. I would finish off the look by smokey eyes and throw in my lambskin Chanel bag, just the right mix of edge/classic which I love. And a good scent ...

¿Qué te pondrías para una gran noche? Mis Pierre Hardy de charol con tacones de madera y un vestido de seda negro de Topshop Boutique que me encanta. Los ribetes están desilachados...es fantástico. Remataría el look con smokey eyes y mi lambskin Chanel bag. La mezcla justa de modernidad y clasicismo que me encanta. Y también un buen aroma...

You can't live without... My Ray Ban wayfarers, I find they bring a certain nonchalance to all-black looks.

No puedes vivir sin...Mis Ray-Ban wayfarers, encuentro que dan un aire desenfadado a todos los looks negros.

What can we find in your bag right now? My Ipod, a black notebook, my mobile, gum, bottega wallet, oyster card, keys, receipts, lypsyl original, Vaseline.

¿Qué podemos encontrar en tu bolso ahora mismo? Mi ipod, una libreta negra, mi móvil, chicle, una cartera de bottega, la oyster card, llaves, recibos, lipsyl original y vaselina.

girlswithallure2

Your passion is... good food, good wine...the good things in life.

Tu pasión es...la buena comida, el buen vino...las buenas cosas de la vida.

Which is, in your opinion, the best piece of clothing ever designed? The little black dress, it's an empty canvas.

¿Cuál es , en tu opinión, la mejor prenda jamás diseñada? El LBD, es un lienzo en blanco.

Who are your favorite designers? I have tremendous respect for Azzedine Alaïa, also I love the early Helmut Lang, and Riccardo Tisci.

¿Cuáles son tus diseñadores favoritos? Tengo un tremendo respeto a Azzedine Alaïa, y también me encanta el Helmut Lang de los primeros tiempos y Riccardo Tisci.

A book, a film and a song. Pi— Faith in Chaos, Royksopp-only this moment, Distinction-Pierre Bourdieu.

Un libro, una película y una canción. Pi-Faith in Chaos, Royksopp-Only this moment, Distinction-Pierre Bourdieu.

What we'll be wearing next winter? I predict everyone will be wearing the 'Balmain look'

¿Qué llevaremos el próximo invierno? Predigo que todo el mundo llevará el "Balmain look".

A fetish My gold 'thorn' ring from Conroy & Wilcox it's perfect!

Un fetiche. Mi anillo de oro con forma de espina de Conroy & Wilcox, ¡es perfecto!

girlswithallure3

What kind of things inspire you while getting dressed? My mood, it has to feel 'right'.

¿Qué clase de cosas te inspiran a la hora de vestirte? Mi humor, tiene que quedar bien.

Name three of your favourite beauty products. Touche Eclat by Yves saint Laurent, REN revivo-lift riant day serum and Lancome Virtuose mascara.

Nombra tres de tus productos de belleza favoritos: Touche Eclat de Yves saint Laurent, REN revivo-lift riant serum de día y la máscara Lâncome Virtuose.

What does style means to you? Style is an aura, it can't be pinned down, it's a product of who you are..where you have been and what you have seen.My favourite quote is 'style is the perfection of a point of view' by Richard Eberhart, he sums it up pretty well.

¿Qué significa el estilo para ti? El estilo es un aura, puede definirse, es un producto de quién tu eres...de donde has estado y lo que has visto. My cita favorita es "el estilo es la perfección de un punto de vista" de Richard Eberhart quien es capaz de resumirlo bastante bien.

20 comments:

WendyB said...

Thanks for sharing! It's always good to find a new blog.

Sara Luxe said...

this was very insightful thanks !just found ur blog + what a great first post to read x

Michelle said...

I'm a huge fan of The Search for Chic too. Her style is v.elegant and her writings are always astute and intelligent. Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

KONKURRANSE PÅ BLOGGEN! WWW.TURIDALEXA.BLOGG.NO PREMIE: VERDI OVER 500 KR

Carolina Lange said...

She has a great style! I'll take a look at her blog!

mmr said...

I agree, she always looks great and her blog is incredible! Plus she seems to be a very nice person :)

electric feel said...

wow great style
something new and not always the same things, like in the other blogs

ohh i forgot to say
great musis, you alwys chose for your post

Amy Williams said...

Great post, the-search-for-chic has amazing style :)

Just found your blog from her site, its great!
I'll link you if thats ok!

http://the-shades-of-black.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Nadie espera un post decente del CIM. Mejor llénalo de tacos y guarradas :)

Ammu said...

My favourite blog - hands down.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered her blog as well, but she looks so great! Good interview :)

Anonymous said...

love your style... one of my favorite blogs

check mine, im new!
http://badlack.blogspot.com/

x

ryder said...

oh, we have one thing in common, my fav designer is also Ricardo Tisci.

escritora said...

i love the search for chic :)

S. said...

Aww.. thanks so much for featuring me. =)

Trendy Gourmandise said...

like the pants

Kristi said...

What ever happened to her blog? I loved her style.

María said...

^Kristi: she has another blog now http://antiquegold-sphere.blogspot.com/

Kristi said...

Thanks. Great to find your blog as well!

carmen said...

Hola!!

Ya que había encontrado el nuevo blog de esta chica, http://antiquegold-sphere.blogspot.com/ van y lo eliminan.

Alguien sabe su nuevo blog?
Es bastante escurridiza!

Gracias!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...