Friday 5 September 2008

Azul oscuro casi negro


Reading Vogue Collections I came to realize how austerity dominated the majority of winter shows. Houses like Prada, Junya Watanabe, Jil Sander or Nina Ricci who at first are very different aesthetically speaking, converged to show us gothic, sinister and lugubrious collections.

The crisis is not affecting fashion in monetary terms, but the influence is clear when it comes to creativity: black colour and clean lines are the norm.

I also see an inspiration from German romanticism: Werther, Friedrich...you name it. Either way, I'm in love with this trend and all that represents because it's time to be more thoughtful about our consumption patterns.

Eroica symphony no.3 - Beethoven

6 comments:

loveology said...

Yes, i really like the trend too, although i can be too much quite soon.
I like to mix the trend with more simple things..

Thanks for your comment on my blog about my nephew..yeah...it feels awesome, he's so beautiful and soft and lovely and and and....

<3
Bye, love!

Audrey Leighton said...

no soy espanola pero vivo en espana. soy americana. me encanta tu blog.

tambien quiero saber como has obtenido ese "banner" de net-a-porter? ...porque quiero uno! jaja

pues venga, ciaooo guapa.
me voy a "link you" ahora mismo.

xxxx

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I am a bit of a minimalist so austerity sounds nice to me...except for my love affair with color...hm...

Anonymous said...

everyone says black is back
but not many know from where the inspiration came
i love your blog, because you take always a look behind fashion

Michelle said...

Yes I like the dark mood this season, trying to bring in more black into my wardrobe at the moment...

Anonymous said...

ahhh sorry I forgot to say, that I really love your music
it's always a surprise to read your blog and listening to such great music....sry...but it is the truth and almost i try to get the songs on my ipod

thanks for your comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...