Sunday 20 July 2008

Dommage!


I am really sorry for not updating these past two weeks, but I connected myself to the Internet thrice, and I only had the time to check my email.

Anyway, here I am to tell you everything about my trip to Paris. I, obviously, had the greatest time ever. My favourite part of the city was definitely Le Marais: the shops, the atmosphere, the arquitecture...I visited a few vintage shops there, being Mamz' Elle Swing one my favourites. All the clothes were in such good condition.


That same day, I also visited the Centre Pompidou and I liked it more than expected. They have such an amazing collection. I discovered Brassaï, and bought a book with some of his works. Apart from that I also bought a Charles Anastase dress, a pair of Vara Ferragamo shoes, a striped tee (so random, I know), Princesse tam-tam underwear, Le Petit Prince book, a vinyl from The Beatles and some CD's. I'll post pics as soon as my friend from Why Fashion? returns.

I went to the Avedon and Valentino exhibitions, and I loved them both. I strongly recommend them.


To sum up, I didn't find women extremely chic or anything, especially taking on account everyone has that damn Longchamp bag! I am not saying the French chic is a fakery, however I couldn't really see anything that caught my eye. I blame it on the hoards of tourists.



Non, je ne regrette rien - Edith Piaf

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back :) i love le marais too! i find it the best part of paris too... wow you will have to post up some pics of those ferragamo shoes.

i noticed the same thing about the longchamp bags!!! it is the same in germany too. i guess because they are so affordable and they come in so many different sizes :)

thanks for your comment!
kx

www.fashionistadiary.co.uk

Anonymous said...

What Charles Anastase dress did you get? Sounds like a great trip...

María said...

Susie: I can't find a picture of it on the net. But it's a white chiffon dress with black hearts on it, and pink straps.

Aly said...

Glad you had a blast but even gladder that you're back!! I'm so jealous of the princess tam-tam purchases, I can't find the label anywhere near me.

Elizabeth said...

I love Brassaï and the Pompidou! I'm glad you had fun! Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Even in Chicago, every one has that bag. It's totally ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

God I miss Paris..

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

It does sound marvelous. I would like to visit one day. I still believe in French chic!

Jaclyn Johnson said...

OMg just watched la vie on rose this song is amazing! :) Also the outfit on my blog is a dress from THINK CLOSET in NYC !!! Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog as always... adding you to my blogroll asap! :)

Anonymous said...

Le Petit Prince is one of my favorite books!!!

Anonymous said...

I just got back from Paris too, and having little advice on where was best to shop, I blundered around until I discovered le marais. I found the street fashion to be disapointing (although overall people dress better than in australia), however when I was lurking in a few vintage shops (like free p star) I witnessed many stylish people come and go. I also really loved the markets at porte de montreuil- so much junk but lots of gems amongst it and all dirt cheap. Unfortunately our guide for the valentino exhibition was crap.

Anonymous said...

wow your trip sounded amaaaaaazing! i'm actually quite jealous cause i didn't end up going to paris after all... but this update definitely makes up for my shortcoming. brassaï is fantastic, so is le petit prince... and jeez you went to the avedon AND valentino exhibitions? sigh. maybe next time :P

Anonymous said...

i'm so surprised to hear that you weren't blown away by parisian style. i've never been to paris, but i always thought i'd be just lusting after every woman's clothing. glad you had a blast!

Michelle said...

So glad you're back :D Sounds like you got some amazing buys from Paris too, I think I know the Charles Anatase dress you mean, must look divine!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Me fascina como se ve esa tienda de la segunda foto, es realmente intrigante!

Anonymous said...

Hi miss,
Thanks for add me on modepass. Love your site, Very nice style ! Concerning Longchamp bag, I m totaly agree with you :)
Kisses from Paris.
Cheers !


James Bort

WendyB said...

I agree with you on the myth of French chic. I think New York and Milan are much more stylish.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm french and i agree with you : this Longchamp bag is just UGLY. And it's still about 100 € ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...