Monday 16 June 2008

Paris, part deux

First, I am sorry to dissapoint you but I won't be posting many pics, simply because I don't have them.

During the afternoon we were introduced Aaron de Mey, the new make-up artistic director of the house. He just exudes creativity, and looking at his scrapbooks was such an experience. We could see where his inspiration comes from, and what is his working method.


I also liked the fact that he was very down to earth which I guess is not very common. For instance, he related some dreadful anecdotes: like this designer (he didn't give names) who made him change make-up of all the models five minutes before the show started (!).

Overall, it was such an amazing and fulfilling day.

18 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Very cool and very cool of him to not name drop. I can imagine it would be difficult to put up with demands, especially for people with an artistic side.

Luxe. said...

Oh this is so exciting!

Shen-Shen said...

I agree, how exciting! :D

Anonymous said...

Les photos arrivent!:)

It was a very interesting day!

Ella Gregory said...

I really wish I knew who that designer was, but it is very professional of him not to spill!

AVA said...

love the red hair <3

Maria said...

Creative people have creative needs..

AVA said...

thanks for the comment,
I made it myself and am actually quite proud of it.. some 'on' pictures will come soon..and its actually not a dress but more like a top! great blog you got :)

AVA said...

wow thanks, that's like the greatest compliment ever..

the green/brown part is leather, from an old jacket,
the white part is just coton, old bottom of my mother's dress.

the stitching and detailing and everything is not perfect - I never sew, and don't even have a machine - but it doesn't show in the pictures ;)

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Esa debio haber sido una experiencia inolvidable, le pediste algunos tips de belleza??

María said...

^No, en realidad no. Aunque quizá debería haberlo hecho.

Anonymous said...

photos or not, i'm glad you had such a good time :)

Times of Glory said...

Hi, the post is very cool! By reading your words, I know you had a great time and he sounds so much inspirational! I really adore that xx

Héloïse J. said...

what a song.. a heart cole porter!

give us more pics from paris!!!

Michelle said...

Oh my god look like so much fun! Am defo gutted on missing out now :)

Anonymous said...

i'm very happy to see someone on a fashion blog with as wildly curly hair as me
thanks

Anonymous said...

i'm totally envious!
aaron is very inspiring make-up artist.
i'm unclear> he's the new artistic director of Lancome?
if so what of Gucci?

María said...

^Yes, he's the new artistic director. He didn't mentioned anything about Gucci.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...