Sunday 22 June 2008

Girls with Allure: Karla

Karla is probably one of the most stylish 18-year-old you've ever seen. One can tell for the way she dresses she lives in California. In the present she is studying apparel manufacturing at FIDM, and spends the rest of her time with her other passion: music -she actually sings and composes her own songs-


Who's your favourite designer?

"My all-time favorite designer is Yves Saint Laurent. He had a brilliant way of having his women exude sexiness in such an androgynous clothes. I also really love Balenciaga, Martin Margiela, and Stella McCartney."

A fetish...

"Oh wow, I definitely have a major shoe fetish. I’d actually rather wear shoes than clothes."


What was your latest purchase? What are you planning to buy next?

"Hmm, my latest purchase were a pair of schoolboy trousers from Target. Planning to wear them with sky-scraping platforms, sheer tanks, and vintage tees. Next on the list of things to buy: white lingerie, an electric purple American Apparel skirt, and men’s skinny ties."


You'd never be caught in...

"True Religions and Juicy Couture tracksuits."

What is in your opinion the best piece of clothing ever invented?

"The black blazer."


A book, a film and a song...

"Favorite book of all time: Go Ask Alice. My favorite films are basically all the Audrey Hepburn classics. I’m a sucker for romantic movies too!"

What kind of things inspire you when getting dressed?

"Well it varies from day to day. Some days I’ll pick something in my closet like simple white tee or pair of high-waisted trousers and put my look together based on that particular piece. Other days I’ll just put on whatever is hanging on the back of my door. "


You can't live without...

"Blazers and strawberry lip balm."

What does style mean to you?

"Style is all about confidence. It’s not even about what you wear, it’s the way you wear it (oh wow, that sounded absolutely cheesy)."



L.A. woman - The Doors

33 comments:

Héloïse J. said...

wow wonderful! i luv her style too. really classy and with this californian air!
absolutely stunning :)

Emily Sher said...

ha that last thing is a little cheesy but i COMPLETELY know what she's talking about

B.B said...

She is absolutely right! Confidence is the best accessory!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I'm seriously over the moon about her look. She's one of those people that you feel you're seeing them at the beginning of their future...as if she's on the edge...

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Me encanta su cara, es muy fotogénica, y su estilo es de los más pulcros que he visto, no parece una típica scenester

Anonymous said...

she has a very sophisticated style for her age! i especially like the outfits with the wide-legged trousers. thanks for the feature :)

Elizabeth said...

She's got a very easy look and approach, while somehow being slick. I really like her hair.

Times of Glory said...

She looks great! And what a great idea to inverview this gorgeous girl!

ooohmaureen said...

i like the outfits! it's a nice interview! x

Michelle said...

I love her blog, her style is simple yet she always looks so classy (esp in those Katherin Hepburn style trousers in the last pic..)

Ella Gregory said...

She really does have style. There is a certain Alexa Chung-ness to her but I like her style a lot more than Alexa's!

mmr said...

I love the way she dresses, would have never guessed she's only 18 though!

ps I've tagged you! check out my blog for further details ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVELU STYLE!!!!

xx
fashionpics

Fashionista Diary said...

I checked out her blog the other day and thought the same, she is amazing and her style is seriously hot!

kx

fashionistadiary.co.uk

LOVE AESTHETICS said...

very stylish for sure! I love the way shes dressed in the 3d pic

karla deras said...

Thanks for the interview, so sweet of you!

Mónica said...

Me encanta el estilo de esta chica! Sobretodo ese vestido blanco -aunque no los zapatos- me recuerda un poco a Miss Bilson. La entrevista muy buena ,como siempre;)!

Anonymous said...

Great interview...her style is a little textbook mag-editor for me...but for an 18 yr old, that's really impressive!

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Is it me or does everyone seem to own the Nine West gladiator wedges in tan or black?
Hmmm...

Miby said...

I love that idea! I think is brilliant! Her style is quite Chic! I will have to check out her blog! Really nice post as always! :)

Iñaki said...

Stylish indeed! and chic! oh god

xx

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with U, she's one of my favorite (or my favorite) for kers look.. simple, hip, clear, everything I like...
A girl from Paris

spiegeleule said...

awww, love her blog, her style. lovely iv

qwkjdn said...

Love her, and I don't even know her. =)

bi-style said...

you got an amazing style I love your outfits!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a stylish young lady! I love her simple yet unique way of dressing. I love your fashion blog so much, it's very inspiring! if you have time please check mine out and tell me what you think :) www.karacraig.blogspot.com
love kara x

Jessica said...

i enjoyed reading about this lady. She has great style.

J

lilliebe said...

I LOVE the outfit with the ninewest gladiators, it seems they have become a must-have!
She has amazing style.

Crave said...

wow! she is quite the little icon isn't she? i love her!

great post and great blog!

FASHION CHALET said...

I'm all about Audrey as well. Wonderful article!! <3

Anonymous said...

I realy like your blog...you can visit me at thebestfashionblog.blog.hr
and tell me what you think.....
I love your style

Alejandra. said...

from spain only say to u that your style is amazing!!!alexa.

Anonymous said...

You put on glasses that pay good looks cool.
That piece of black T-shirt is also very beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...