Thursday 8 November 2007

Coolhunting

The spring/summer collections seem now, far away. With a bit of help from time and the perspective that it gives me, I predict what we will be wearing next season.

Nerds are taking their revenge after years consigned to ostracism. Those of us who don't need prescription eyeglasses will be praying for a pair.

From left to right : Luella and Rachel Comey.

Show your waist! It's time to train your abs. Whether you like it or not, this 90's -and also 50's- trend is coming back. But remember to follow the runway advice and wear those short tops only with skirts.

Doo Ri, Christopher Kane and 3.1. Phillip Lim.

During the different fashion weeks we saw sheer fabrics everywhere. Great for layering, this cloth will protect us from the changeable weather, typical of the spring months.

Three as four, Preen and Rodarte.

Structured shoulders. Build your own time machine, and move back to the 80's, because shoulder pads are back. Difficult to work well, the key is to keep the rest of your outfit as simple as possible.

YSL, Balenciaga and Carine Roitfeld in Martin Margiela.

Liberty prints. Don't go for the -I'm a good girl- total look and wear your liberty dress with torn tights and biker boots.

Luella, Chloë Sevigny in her clothing line for Opening Ceremony and Junya Watanabe.

Song: Woman - Wolfmother

Note: This is just an overall view; some of this predictions won't be fulfilled, and some other aren't even featured in this post -e.g. long blazers- .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is pretty much spot-on. Especially the sheer fabrics have been used A LOT this season.

Furthermore, I adore your blog! ♥

LittleDoodles said...

I love the geek chic look...I'm finally in fashion :)

Laia said...

I love everything about Luella's spring collection, very "nerd chic".
The "ab" look is so Sarah Jessica Parker, and as you say, only works with skirts.
And Liberty, my sweet liberty print: welcome back home!
Kisses

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Great predictions! I think that structured shoulder jackets and the nerd look are gonna be a season hit... Here in my country is spring time so I could use this inspirations

Mónica said...

I will start working out because the ab look is going to be a hit. However, I hope we'll learn from our mistakes (in the '80) and we don't use sholder-pads again, I really don't like them.

Bojana said...

Oooh, Great post!! Love the pictures.

And I love my eyeglasses. I can't live with them. For real :)

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Lovely post, very on trend!

C.

Kendra said...

Great post! I'd pretty much say you've got the predictions covered.
I love the liberty prints and the glasses.

Héloïse J. said...

luv luella's collection + the structured shoulders are so chic and eccentric <3
lovely post:)

Carolina Lange said...

Great trends! All of them! I love Luella's collection!

Teresa said...

Luella's collection was brilliant, and I do wish to obtain a pair of those geek glasses. Although I might end up looking like a Misshapes reject, darned.

Bobble Bee said...

Carine looks so amazing and stylish with that Margiela jacket, geez, she's the Queen, she really knows how to pull off the most crazy things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...