Tuesday 16 February 2010

MACHA

macha jewelry

There is a sort of unwritten rule in matters of style that says accessories can make or ruin a look. Jewels play an important role in all this because they add a personal and unique touch, especially if linked to memories. That's why I like the jewelry Bernice makes under the name of Macha so much. The designer herself confesses "I love to make each piece feel like it has a sense of history. Inspiration comes in some many ways, but I guess old things inspire me a lot. I spend a lot of time in antique stores wondering where everything came from."

Hay una especie de regla no escrita en cuestiones de estilo que dice que los accesorios pueden construir o arruinar un look por completo. Las joyas juegan un papel muy importante en todo esto porque consiguen añadir un toque personal y único, especialmente si llevan asociado algún recuerdo. Por eso me gustan tanto las joyas que Bernice hace bajo el nombre de Macha. La diseñadora confiesa que "una de sus prioridades es hacer sentir que cada pieza tiene una historia. De hecho, hay un montón de cosas que me inspiran pero las antiguas especialmente. Paso mucho tiempo en tiendas de antigüedades preguntándome de donde viene todo."

macha jewelry2

Everything is handmade by Bernice herself who "love the idea that each piece has a human connection and is therefore not perfect." Her jewels are a balance between rough and delicate, "I love to make modern things feel old. That contrast can represent so many things, old vs. new, rich vs. poor, organic vs. geometric, so it inspires many shapes."

Todo está hecho a mano por la propia Bernice a la que "le encanta pensar que todo tiene una conexión humana y, por tanto, no es perfecto." Sus joyas son el equilibrio entre lo rudo y lo delicado, "me encantan las cosas nuevas que tengan un toque viejo. Ese contraste puede representar muchas cosas: viejo vs. nuevo, rico vs. pobre, orgánico vs. geométrico y por eso inspira muchas de mis formas."


As a last confession the designer points "I love to see yellow gold with black diamonds, this reminds me of my mother's engagement ring, with that classic 60's-70's vibe. That's the kind of thing I like to wear myself."

Como última confesión la diseñadora apunta "me encanta la mezcla del oro amarillo con diamantes negros ya que me recuerda al anillo de compromiso de mi madre y ese el tipo de cosas que me gusta llevar."

4 comments:

Siru said...

I really love special jewellery like that. I'm trying to quit shopping at H&M etc. for my accessories and rather get something more special like these! I'll remember this! Thanks!

juliet xxx

Tara said...

I've only just started to get into accessorizing more and I completely agree with what you're saying about accessories making or breaking a look. These pieces are all so classic and beautiful, I love their simplicity and how she manages to find that prefect balance within all those contrasts. I am also seriously crushing on Samantha Willis's designs at the moment.

Time Like Air

joanne said...

the jewelry is beautiful but i really appreciate the design philosophy behind it as well.

Tamara said...

Oh! Qué buena pinta... Voy a ver! Esa cadena es súper bonita.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...