Sunday 27 April 2008

Ghost World

In recent years, Ghost World has become a cult film thanks to the fantastic plot and the small mass of admirers who spreaded the word about this fantastic movie.

What I like most about it, is the cynicism and irony imprinted in Thora Birtch's character. Far more realistic than the typical teen movie.

From imdb: "Enid (Thora Birch) and Rebecca (Scarlett Johansson) are best friends having difficulties with the social attitudes of other people. After graduating high school, they decide to get a job and rent a house of their own. However, Enid needs to attend Arts summer school to graduate but her anti-social behavior makes her lose her job.


Meanwhile, Enid and Rebecca play a prank on Seymour (Steve Buscemi), a middle-aged collector of vinyl records that also has difficulties with relationships. Seymour and Enid eventually become friends. As time goes by, Enid reaches maturity and develops a different view of life."



Song: Devil got my woman - Skip James

11 comments:

Jessica Ferri said...

god bless ghost world

LOVE AESTHETICS said...

I love that movie!
Its realistic and extremely weird at the same time

Anonymous said...

oh my, i love that movie... it was like my summer after graduating hs... only without steve buscemi.

Michelle said...

I think ghost mark is one those bench mark films for anyone who's interested in alternative culture (and thrift clothes!) Wonder music too.

Ella Gregory said...

I adore the wardrobe in this film
I should really rent it. I haven't seen it in years!

Secretista said...

Why do I feel I might have sen this?

Well looks like I'm gunna have to go rent it! :)

Charlotte said...

I have not heard about this film, but sounds interesting. I will try to rent it.

Laia said...

¿¿¿Te puedes creer que no la he visto nunca???Me la bajo hoy mismo (niños, no lo probéis en casa). besoos!

erica lorraine scheidt said...

Enid is hilarious, perfectly deadpan...

Ida said...

I like the part where she dance around to the old Bollywood music/movie. That part is just great

shhhh19 said...

I'm doing my uni dissitation on iconic fashion. Does anyone believe this film, Ghost town inspired a youth culture of Geek/ART kids which lead to this film becoming iconic? any comments would be great x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...