Saturday 19 April 2008

Ellen Kooi


Yesterday, it was the last day of an Ellen Kooi exhibition that took place near my hometown. However, one of the worst storms of the year and the one hour train distance restrained me from going. Which is a pity, because I've always admired the mistery and whim surrounding her work.


Kooi pics are taken and inspired by the Netherlands, where she was born. Although kids, women and human relationships, in general are also an important part of her photography.


Her signature style is easily recognized, but each shot is very different from the next, and has its own alma.



Song: Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

13 comments:

Jen Kalban said...

those pictures are beautiful. The last one is particularly breathe taking

LOVE AESTHETICS said...

lovely pictures, they give me the same feeling as japanese (horror)movies do (dont know why, really like them though)... too bad you couldnt go to the exhibition!

Jonny Louis said...

wow, these pictures have such an amazing feeling to them. i really love the third one, the lighting is amazing.

Secretista said...

Amazing. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I love how the 2nd one mirrors the John Waterhouse painting of Ophelia...

Anonymous said...

and the first one is andrew wyeth's painting, "christina's world."

Ella Gregory said...

I've never heard of her (I'm not that arty) but I love these!
So stunning!

Anonymous said...

What haunting photographs. I'm not sure where the pictures were actually taken, but the landscapes are so unfamiliar to me being from California and I absolutely love them. Thank you for sharing!

Luxe. said...

These are really hauntingly beautiful, the song is a nice touch!

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Oh that last one is so free, love it

C.

bronwyn said...

Beautiful photo's, I really like the bottom one with the little girl and the grey moody sky.

Aly said...

Gorgeous!

dreamecho said...

thank you for introducing her to me! i love the floating in the water one and the running through the field image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...