Sunday 10 February 2008

Chloë for Opening Ceremony


Opening Ceremony has finally unveiled the complete collection designed by Chloë Sevigny. The line is composed of forty pieces in a price range that goes from $150 to $500 for a jacket. Let's face it, it's way expensive. I can understand that the original liberty prints are not cheap, but $365 for a chambray dress is way too much.


Apart from that, I'm in love with the collection. Inspired by her own wardrobe at junior school, the line is full of liberty prints, gingham(I'm currently obsessed with it), tough wedges, leopard print and high-waisted trousers and skirts.


If you have some money left to splurge on one of this beautiful pieces, they are available at Opening Ceremony, Barneys, Colette and Dover Street Market.


Song: Sunny - Morrissey

14 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I'm glad someone else thinks $100 (and more) is too expensive! I always feel this disparity between fashions I follow and I can afford. I showed a friend Rodarte shoes today and she asked if I owned them--ha! As if I could afford shoes off a Rodarte runway... Chloe's collection is too cool though.

Wendy said...

The collection is inspiration but I can only incorporate the styling with the stuff I already own. Because the price tags are too scary.

Mash said...

beautiful collection but its really expensive damn !!!!

Anonymous said...

This is stuff that can be easily self-styled for sure...

Michelle said...

Its kinda pricey even though I love the shoes and the floral dresses!

Suze said...

ooooohmy :O
i wish i lived in america
i love chloe and the collection !

Anonymous said...

i really love this... even if it is expensive...

- said...

i have seen the collection in person and it´s not worthy at all... the pieces dont cost that price... they arent spcial at all, u can go to a 3rd hand store and find them paying 20 bucks for the same dress.

Ella Gregory said...

She is the only celebrity I can cope with designing... Well Gwen is ok I guess but still not amazing!

Laia said...

I really love Chloë and her particularly irreverent sense of style but can't same the same thing about his collecTions..kiss!

Mónica said...

I love liberty print dresses! The collection is cool, at least, different to other celebs collections (thanks God)!

Fashionstyle said...

Hum, sorry, but I don't like so much this collection, no style, no class...

Anonymous said...

love the floral... but hmmmm it is a tad on the expensive side...!

I have a blog... check it out if you get time, i'd love to trade links..

www.runforthehills.typepad.com

geri hirsch said...

i saw this collection at barnys this weekend and was pretty unimpressed. i was so excited for it too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...