Thursday 3 January 2008

Old English school blazer

For his latest winter collection, Ghesquière retrieved the old English school blazers. More recently, different fashion weeks (specially New York) proclaimed the long jacket as one of the biggest trends for next spring.

My personal choice is the classic navy blazer with gold buttons, long enough to cover the hips. Ashley Olsen, always ahead of trends, was seen with one in 2004. And now, Vogue Paris stylist Geraldine Saglio and Alexa Chung can't stop wearing theirs. The key is to keep the rest of the outfit young and fresh considering the seriousness of the blazer. Try with high-waisted jeans, simple white tees or plaid shirts. Ralph Lauren kids is an easy and affordable option.

Song: Bittersweet symphony - The Verve

17 comments:

Michelle said...

I like how the lady on the left (Geraldine Saglio?) wears her blazer with high waisted jeans and clutch!

Mónica said...

My favourite is the one on the left. I think Miss Saglio makes effortless a very worked outfit.

SICK. said...

i almost bought a really gorgeous black suit jacket from h&m in august, but alas, none of them fit me properly.

& i love that song, have you ever heard the remix with 'dirt off your shoulder' by jay-z ?
i like that one too.

x.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

A navy blazer never does go out of style...

Anonymous said...

I really love that trend! But it's still winter in Paris so we have to wait to wear the blazer! :)

Anonymous said...

Great choice.

Estoy buscando uno de rebajas, a ver si encuentro uno 70% off :-)

XXX

Anonymous said...

Actually, I want this one from Stella McCartney

loveology said...

I just recently discovered your blog and i really really LOVE it! It's a great source of inspiration!
Happy new year! Although it's a bit late now. :)
I added your blog to my list of links at my blog! I would really appreciate if you could do the same for me...if you like my blog of course.
Thank you and keep on doing the good work! X

Héloïse J. said...

yes it makes a cool outfit!

Laia said...

The classic navy one is definitely a must have.
Kiss!

Style Spot said...

I love the way Ashley wears hers, and to think that she wore that about 4 years ago ! She is a true trendsetter.
And I love everything Alexa wears..I really need to get a nice blazer. Great post <3

Mash said...

my favourite is the lady on the left she's so elegant , I love the blazer &hearts

Kat said...

I love blazers, they can be worn with anything! Alexa and ashley looks seriously cool.

Miss at la Playa said...

I want a blazer too!

hannah said...

i adore these little shrunken blazers, i have been thinking about treating myself to a little boys brook brothers or ralph lauren one.

i love your song! the sex pistols are one of my all time favorites!

xoxo

Maria said...

Melanie Hyunh from thw Parus Vogue girls as great outfits with these too :heart:

Maria said...

oh my, tFS smilies don't work here, sorry :DD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...