Tuesday 15 January 2008

Girls with Allure: Rumi

Rumi and her west coast signature style deserve to be featured in Girls with Allure. This twenty-four years old, lives in California and has an understandable obsession for Balenciaga bags.


Define your style.
"Melanie Huynh reading Lula on the beach, listening to the Velvet Underground. I wish. "

I would never be caught in...
"Overly whiskered jeans. "

A book, a film, and a song.

"Franny and Zooey, The Last Days of Disco, Girl in a Coma - Their Cell. "
Who is your favourite designer?

"Karl Lagerfeld. "

What's in your bag?

"Razr, Bluetooth, iPod Touch, Netflix giftcard, vintage Sunnies in heart print Forever21 case, makeup bag, Nars lip gloss in Turkish Delight, Rimmel cream eyeshadow, ivory studded wallet, keys with Tokidoki keychain, post office receipt, hand sanitizer, Bliss hand cream, American Apparel catalog, leather gloves, Sony Cybershot camera, Dauphine Press mini-notebook. "

A fetish

"I am eternally obsessed with tights and socks, they receive even more drawer space than my shirts, and I can never find the right pair without rifling through the stockpile for actual minutes."

What does elegance mean to you?

"Elegance is looking chic in the simplest looks. Charlotte Gainsbourg needs nothing more than some worn jeans and a T-shirt to look better than any other room in the room. If only we were all so lucky! "

Song: Their cell - Girl in a coma

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...that definition of elegance has been expounded onto me many a time....

Unknown said...

would love to get my hands on lula mag for once. seems it's not widely distributed in europe/austria/germany. :) tips on locations where to get it gladly up to receiving. :)) *flora @ florasbox.blogspot.com

María said...

flora: you can buy Lula at the magazine's web
http://www.lulamag.com/

Secretista said...

Her style is awesome!

hannah said...

i love that song. thier cell. it is one of my favorites.

peace

discotheque confusion said...

In the era of the internet It girl, this girl screams difference and is so damn refreshing.

The description of her own style is enough to send me into a dream world.

Good work getting a word with her, Allure!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

El primer outfit es perfecto, totalmente perfecto, me encantó

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

seems like we had a similar idea for a post!!

-



2008 FASHION BLOGGER AWARDS ARE HAPPENING, PLEASE FILL OUT THE NOMINATION FORM @MAHALOFASHION.COM

Thanks,

Jen

http://mahalofashion.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-big-announcement-fab-awards.html

Http://mahalofashion/Awards.html

Laia said...

Auch!!!Super stylist!Thanks!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

She has great style. But I think people keep confusing elegance and coolness...

Bobble Bee said...

WHO is this girl!?? she's amazing!
thanks so much for this interview! i really like her sense of style and her answers... :)

Héloïse J. said...

i've found her at mahalo. great idea to host her!! yes she has a really cool style (but for my truth is not somthing we haven't seen before.. :/ )-don't wanting to be misunderstood-wish I could go for such outfits.

Unknown said...

I love the outfit on the right, she has really great style. I’ve just updated my blog, changed the format, updated my links etc. I’ve added a link to your blog too. I’ve got some new posts coming in the next few days too so take a look!

Anonymous said...

i'm really bad at english. is her namne Rumi? do she have a blog or who is she?

María said...

Diderik: yes her name is Rumi, and her blog is www.fashiontoast.blogspot.com

SICK. said...

her style is really cool.
i'd think of a better & more articulate way to describe it, but really, cool is sufficient.

x.
jh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...